Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gear Ratio

So I've been contemplating for the longest time whether or not to change my gear ratio. I decided to take the plunge because well to be honest I haven't change my chain in about a year and half or so. So I figured it was time for an overhaul!
Comparing these two chains, the new one on the left, my old chain stretched prolly 1.5 chainlinks. Doesn't seem a lot but after I rode with the new chain on ... I should have done it months earlier. 
Here are a bunch of my chainrings I've gone through. Initially I started on 44-15 for the Irvine hills (the bottom chainring). Then switched to 48-17 (the chainring on the top right). Now I shall be rocking the 49t chainring (top left) with 2 fixed cogs I can flop on my Mack Hubs.
Officially on 49-17 with the option of 49-15

I changed ratios on 10.14.2011 and the thing I can say now is that man 49-17 is such a fast ratio especially on clipless pedals. I have yet to try 49-15 clipless but I am fine tuning my pedals until then. 

Ride 3:
11.9 miles || avg 15.6 || max 25.4mph || total 50.18 miles

I took it easy this ride. I consider this a recovery ride.

~Luggedsteal

No comments:

Post a Comment